Last updated: 12 May 2018
1. OAKSTUDIODESIGNS.COM’S APPROACH TO PRIVACY
2. PERSONAL DATA WE COLLECT ABOUT YOU
2.1 We collect personal data from you when you voluntarily submit information directly to us or via our platform. This can include information you provide when you register to use the platform.
2.2 The categories of personal data we collect include the following:
- (a) Contact details: Such as your name, your email address, your telephone number and addresses associated with your account.
- (b) Profile information: Such as your contact details (as above) and other any information you share when creating a profile on Services.
- (c) Payment and transaction information: Records of the products and services you purchase from us and the payment method, and credit/ debit card details, you use for the transaction.
- (d) Information about how you use and connect to the online service:
- (i) We automatically collect information about how you use the platform such as the pages and links you access, the time you access the platform and duration you are on it, the platform you come to the platform from or go to after leaving the platform and selections and choices you make when using the platform.
- (ii) We also automatically collect information about the computer or other electronic devices you use to connect to the platform such as details about the type of device (which can include unique device identifying numbers), its operating system, browser and applications connected to the platform through the device, your Internet service provider or mobile network, your IP address and your device’s telephone number (if it has one).
- (iii) Typically, the information we collect about how you use or connect to the platform is associated with your device.
- (j) Information about your location: Other than information you choose to provide to us, we do not collect information about your precise location. Your device’s IP address may help us determine an approximate location but this will be no more precise than the city, state or country you are using your device in.
- (k) Information about the location of purchases: We will display a catalogue image of any purchase made through our platform on a searchable map as a way of showing the approximate location of the delivery address which customers give when making a purchase. We do not disclose any personal data on our map and only display our catalogue image of the purchase made by reference to the postcode of the delivery address.
- (l) Information provided by other users: Sometimes, other visitors to our platform provide your personal data. For example, other visitors may provide your personal data to us when they invite you to use the platform or through MADE.com’s services.
- (m) Information from fraud prevention organisations: Where permitted by law, if fraudulent activity is suspected relating to your account, we may be provided with information by credit reference, fraud and crime prevention organisations.
2.3 We also automatically collect personal data indirectly from you such as information about the pages you look at on the platform or the device you connect to the platform with, or the products you add to your wishlist using a tablet or similar device in one of our showrooms.
3. HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
3.1 We will also use your personal data for the purposes specifically described below:
3.2 We may anonymise and aggregate any of the information we collect (so that it does not identify you). We may use anonymised information for purposes that include testing our IT systems, research, data analysis, improving the platform, developing new products and features or displaying information about the purchases made via our platform such as the most popular purchases or purchases based on an approximate location.
3.3. We process your personal data (i) with your consent, (ii) when we need to do this to fulfil a contract with you (for example, the contract of sale), (iii) where we are required to do this by law (for example, where it is necessary to retain it in connection with potential litigation), and/or (iv) when it is in our legitimate interests to do this and when these interests are not overridden by your data protection rights. For example, we have a legitimate interest in offering and providing Made.co products and services, deter fraud and carry out direct marketing.
4. INFORMATION WE SHARE WITH THIRD PARTIES
4.1 We may share your personal data with the following parties: shipping companies, insurance firms, third party payment gateways.
4.2 We do not disclose personal data to anyone else except as set out above, where permitted by law and/or with your consent. We may provide third parties with aggregate statistical information and analytics about users of the platform but we will make sure that no one can be identified from this information before we disclose it.
5. MARKETING AND ADVERTISING
5.1 Email Marketing - From time to time we may contact you by email with information about our similar products and services which we think you may be interested in if you agree [at the point of registration / sale]. Thereafter, if you do not want us to send you email marketing, please use the contact details provided in section 13 below . You can also unsubscribe from our marketing emails by clicking on the unsubscribe link in the emails we send to you.
5.2 Email Notifications About Your Order or Changes to the Services We Provide - We may send you email notifications in relation to your order or changes to the way we provide our services to you.
5.3 Advertising on the Site and other social media websites – We, or our advertising partners, may show advertisements to you on our platform or on other platforms. To do this we, or our advertising partners, may collect information about how you use the platform or the types of other web pages, content and ads you, or others who are using the device you connect to the platform, interact with, visit or view. The information collected might also include the IP address of the device you connect to the platform or the e-mail address you provide to us or our platform. We, or our advertising partners, use the information that is collected to make sure adverts you see either on the platform or other platforms or apps (where our partners have advertising space) are more relevant to you.
5.4 The techniques our advertising partners use recognise the device or e-mail address you are using. Typically cookies and similar technologies are used to provide this type of advertising. You can find out more about cookies and how to manage their use by reading our Cookies Policy.
6. STORING AND TRANSFERRING YOUR PERSONAL DATA
6.2 We put in place European Commission approved standard contractual clauses or rely on alternative transfer mechanisms to protect this data. A copy of these clauses is available for your review upon request to us using the contact details provided in section 13 below.
7. YOUR RIGHTS IN RESPECT OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA
7.1 You may have various rights with respect to our use of your personal data:
7.2 You can exercise the above rights by contacting us using the details provided in section 13 below at any time. All requests will be dealt with at the earliest opportunity and any delay will be kept to a minimum.
7.3 There are exceptions to these rights; for example, access may be refused if it would reveal personal data about another person or if we are prevented from disclosing such information by law.
7.4 We hope that we can satisfy queries you may have about the way we process your data. However, if you have unresolved concerns you also have the right to complain to the competent data protection authority.
7.5 When we ask you to supply us with your personal data we will make it clear whether the data we are asking for must be supplied so that we can provide the products and services to you, or whether the supply of any information we ask for is optional.
8. HOW LONG DO WE KEEP YOUR INFORMATION?
8.1 We will retain your information, whether or not your account is active, for as long as we believe it is necessary to fulfil our business purposes or to comply with applicable law, audit requirements, regulatory requests or orders from competent courts.
9. LINKS TO THIRD PARTY SITES
9.1 The platform may, from time to time, contain links to and from third party platforms of our partner networks, advertisers, partner merchants, news publications, retailers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these platforms, please note that these platforms have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for their policies. Please check the individual policies before you submit any information to those platforms.
10. CHANGES TO THIS POLICY
11. NOTICE TO YOU
12. CONTACTING US
II. COOKIES POLICY
Last updated: 12 May 2018
This cookies policy explains what cookies are and how Made.com Design Ltd (“we”, “us” or “our”) uses them on www.oakstudiodesigns.com (our “platform”). We encourage you to read the policy in full so that you can understand what information we collect using cookies and how that information is used.
2. WHAT ARE COOKIES OR SIMILAR TECHNOLOGIES?
Cookies (or similar technologies) are text files, containing small amounts of information, which are downloaded to your browsing device (such as a computer or smartphone) when you visit a platform. Cookies can be recognised by the platform that downloaded them — or other platforms that use the same cookies. This helps platforms know if the browsing device has visited them before.
3. WHAT ARE COOKIES USED FOR?
Cookies do lots of different jobs, like helping us understand how our platform is being used, letting you navigate between pages efficiently, remembering your preferences, and generally improving your browsing experience. Cookies can also help ensure information and advertising you see online is more relevant to you and your interests.
4. WHAT TYPES OF COOKIES ARE USED BY OAKSTUDIODESIGNS.COM?
The types of cookies used on our platform can generally be put into one of the following categories: strictly necessary; analytics; functionality; advertising; and social media. You can find out more about each of the cookie categories in the table below.
Strictly Necessary CookiesThese cookies are essential to make our platform work. They enable you to move around the platform and use its features. Without these cookies, services that are necessary for you to be able to use our platform such as accessing secure areas cannot be provided.
Analytics CookiesThese cookies collect information about how people are using our platform, for example, we use Google Analytics cookies to help us understand which pages are visited the most often, how people are moving from one link to another and if they get error messages from certain pages. Overall, these cookies provide us with analytical information about how our platform is performing and how we can improve it.
Functionality CookiesThese cookies allow us to remember choices you make and tailor our platform to provide enhanced features and content to you. For example, these cookies can be used to remember your user name, language choice or country selection, they can also be used to remember changes you've made to text size, font and other parts of pages that you can customise.
Advertising CookiesThese cookies are used to deliver advertisements that are more relevant to you and your interests. They are also used to limit the number of times you see an advertisement as well as help measure the effectiveness of the advertising campaign. They remember that you have visited a platform and this information may be shared with other organisations such as advertising partners. This means after you have been to our platform you may see some advertisements about our services elsewhere on the Internet.
5. HOW LONG WILL COOKIES STAY ON MY BROWSING DEVICE?
The length of time a cookie will stay on your browsing device depends on whether it is a “persistent” or “session” cookie. Session cookies will only stay on your device until you stop browsing. Persistent cookies stay on your browsing device after you have finished browsing until they expire or are deleted.
6. FIRST AND THIRD-PARTY COOKIES
7. HOW TO MANAGE COOKIES FROM THIS PLATFORM
You can usually use the browser that you are viewing this platform through to enable, disable or delete cookies. To do this, follow the instructions provided by your browser (usually located within the “Help”, “Tools” or “Edit” settings). Please note that if you set your browser to disable cookies, you may not be able to access secure areas of the platform and other parts of the platform may also not work properly.
You can find out more information about how to change your browser cookie settings at www.allaboutcookies.org.
Some third parties may use Advertising Cookies to help gather information about your browsing activity so that they can deliver platform advertising to you that is relevant to your interests. The advertising industries in EU have developed schemes to help you opt-out of receiving cookies used for these purposes. You can find out more about the EU scheme from www.youronlinechoices.eu.
Information about the cookies used by us may be updated from time to time, so please check back on a regular basis for any changes. The last modification date of this document is shown at the top of this page.